Error: event ID: 9360
OABGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this issue, follow these steps on the server that is running Exchange Server 2003:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type OAL post full if diff fails to name the new value.
- Right-click OAL post full if diff fails, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Dismount and then mount the Public Folder Store again. To dismount and then mount the public folder store, follow these steps:
- Start Exchange System Manager.
- Expand Servers, expand the server that you want, expand Storage_Group_Name, and then right-click Public Folder Store.
- Note If administrative groups are defined, follow these steps:
- Expand Administrative Groups.
- Expand Administrative_Group_Name.
- Expand Servers.
- Expand the server that you want.
- Expand Storage_Group_Name.
- Right-click Public Folder Store.
- Click Dismount Store, and then click Yes to continue.
- Right-click Public Folder Store, click Mount Store, and then click OK.
A new parent Legacy Exchange DN container value ‘/o=HEMA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients’ was found during generation of the differential update file for offline address list ‘\Global Address List’. This will force clients using this offline address list to do a full download of the offline address list.
– \Default Offline Address List
If the first resolution didn’t work, try to disable version 2 and 3 OAB, then update again and see if you get any errors.
Note that this may take some time to take effect.