Viber is a spy?
Post date: Jun 13, 2013 10:50:28 AM
Consider these before downloading and installing Viber, think about your privacy and safety
1. From an ex-Israeli Defense Forces person Talmon Marco
“Talmon served for four years in the Israel Defense Forces and held the position of CIO of the central command. He graduated Cum Laude from the Tel-Aviv University with a degree in Computer Science and Management.”
Before Viber Talmon also created and spread free applications that could potentially monitor users communication and their activities
1. iMesh: A file sharing application that was found installing spyware on the users’ computershttp://filesharingz.com/reviews/imesh-review.php
2. Bandoo: A facbook plugin, blamed for sucpicious activities on users’ computershttp://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/bandoo.com
2. So what does it read from your phone and what actions can it perform? you will be stunned if you do not know yet
- Read SMS, Receive SMS, any message even non-Viber messages, from your sim card
- Read sensitive log data – This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the tablet, potentially including personal or private information
- Read your contacts and move them to their server
- Your location
- Record Audio, take pictures and videos
- Automatically start when your phone is switched on “eyes always watching you”
- and a lot more, visit the reference below
Reference Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip
3. No revenue model,
- more than 1 and 1/2 years and they are paying, from unknown financial resources, for the infrastructure and staff that support more than 70 million registered users
- No Ads or any other means of sales/revenue
4. Not open for you and me,
- No advertised job ever could be found on internet or on their website, how do they hire their staff? how can I or you apply?
5. No detailed physical address but only a P.O.Box address of their agent in Cyprus ( a place knwon for Israeli spy operations).
- Viber, for some odd reason, was incorporated in Cyprus, a location favored by offshore gambling operations
- You cannot find where their offices are located, you will only find an address of theiry agent (a P.O.Box) address in Cyprus.
- Cyprus is well known as an external base for Israeli spy agents
- Why are they hiding where do they work and where are their offices?
Ref : http://www.viber.com/dmca.html (see the contact details at the bottom of the page)
6. If a secret service, like Mossad, had to setup a service that could watch everyone talking and chatting than what could be the easiest way then a free VOIP application?
“Your Apps are watching you”http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704694004576020083703574602.html
Must read: “Privacy 101 or Why You Should Not Use iPhone App Viber”http://blog.agmon.com/2010/12/04/why-i-will-not-install-viber/
Israeli Viber is a spying mobile application
People might think that Israeli Viber was made to allow people to make free calls but , in fact this voice-over-IP phone application is more dangerous than that .
Why we think Israeli Viber is dangerous !?
- Viber was founded by Israelis, more over the same people who found IMesh , according to agmon.com, IMesh which started as a music sharing application , ended up by installing spywares on the computers of the users who install it .
- Privacy , according to their privacy statement “A copy of your address book will be stored on our servers and will be used to…” more over the calls that you make on Viber are being logged and recorded on those server , and yes they may share your personal data with 3rd parties they “trust”!.
- Viber are trying to hide their identity , but a Google Search will help you make sure of all the information mentioned in this article .
- Do you know who founded Israeli VIBER !???
Well his name is Talmon Marco ! Talmon served for four years in the Israel Defense Forces and held the position of CIO of the central command. He graduated Cum Laude from the Tel-Aviv University with a degree in Computer Science and Management.
So, will you give away all your contact lists and call logs to guys who made money from spyware distribution?
This article is not meant to be against any nationality , the big issue is that Viber Team are continuously doing their best to hide their identity , but why ?
To note that , this application by default will have access to your messaging inbox , gps location, your phone and all of the data saved on the mobile .
Sum up : Viber is an Israeli spying application, which clearly has 2 goals , the first is to gather data and sell it , and the second is to send this data to the Israeli government so they use this information against you .
the privacy statement have been updated , they only share your information to
(a) comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services or members of the public.
But still we are asking , which law? and how can user’s data defend your right or property ?
And there’s no word from them on Why they are hiding their origin yet .